- Katie speaks Friday, July 31st at the US Autism & Asperger Association Conference.
- New Unblind My Mind Amazon Store for easy access to healthy food products.
- Latest Podcasts and Interviews – Check out our new MEDIA page.
- August Blog and Newsletter
Katie at TEDx Grass Valley
Shopping with Katie
“We are what we eat, but most of us don’t know what we are eating.”
Unblind My Mind is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded by Dr. Katherine Reid, biochemist and mother of five children. When Dr. Reid’s youngest daughter, Brooke, was diagnosed with moderate autism at age 3, she began a deep investigation into the possible causes of her daughter’s illness. What she found was a direct link between hidden glutamates in foods and autism symptoms, and the importance of microflora to healthy brains.
After witnessing dramatic health improvements in her daughter, Dr. Reid founded Unblind My Mind to educate others about food ingredients – many we are blind to – that contribute to illness and chronic health conditions.
Since 2011, when Brooke’s autism diagnosis was reversed, Katie (Dr. Reid) has shared her food discoveries with thousands of individuals and received hundreds of testimonials regarding the effectiveness of her approach, now called the REID Program. The REID Program is a convenient acronym for “Reduced Excitatory and Inflammatory Diet,” a diet that eliminates excitatory chemicals and other substances known to over-stimulate the nervous system, immune response, and inflammation throughout the body.
Unblind My Mind was incorporated in 2013 to provide educational programs and personalized services to individuals and families who are suffering with a chronic illness or condition. In an effort to share her discoveries, help people realize their vision of health, and steer consumers away from foods and food products that are unknowingly stimulating chronic health issues, Katie has been speaking, lecturing, writing, and sharing her scientifically-driven food research with as many people as possible across the globe. Dr. Reid lectures in local Bay Area communities and at conferences throughout the United States to spread the word about the negative implications of glutamates and positive effects of microflora on our health.
Unblind My Mind is passionate about food safety and full disclosure of food processes and manufacturing to protect every consumer from dangerous hidden ingredients in the foods we eat. Under the direction of Dr. Reid, the agency educates on informed food choices, healthy food products, and essential lifestyle changes that protect and restore health.
Donate now and receive recipes and pantry lists to help remove hidden MSG from your diet (over 50 pages – $20 value).
Your Donation Supports Our Important Work:
- Help us raise awareness of hidden sources of MSG and educate families and individuals on the unknown challenges to a truly nutrient-rich diet;
- Support our efforts to influence the medical community to value diet as an important and healthy change in combatting chronic illnesses;
- Donate to future clinical trials for the purpose of establishing evidence of the effects of MSG on autistic symptoms;
- Contribute to our advocacy of product labeling of free glutamate (hidden MSG) in foods.